A family run business
Culcheth Day Nursery is a family run business, established in November 1994. It is owned and managed by Debbie who has over 30 years experience in caring for young children.
Originally established as a 50 place nursery, we extended our facilities in 2010 to an 80 place nursery that incorporates full day care, sessional pre-school and before and after school facilities.
We are proud of our long standing staff team, many of whom have been with us in excess of 15 years, ensuring a continuity of care for your child.
The Nursery Ethos
- To provide a professional and quality childcare service.
- To provide an environment where each child is cared for with love, care and affection and in a non-discriminatory way.
- To allow each child to flourish and develop at their own pace
- To promote a close working partnership with parents to support the family as a whole.
Learning Through Play ~ The Fun Way
Play is vitally important if young children are to master new knowledge and skills. It is now felt that children learn best when the following conditions are met.
- Children learn best when they are actively involved in the learning process and when learning activities are enjoyable, absorbing and stimulating.
- Children work well in small informal groups and can benefit from their interactions with other children and adults.
- By using a range of equipment and materials in planned and progressive ways, which stimulate the children’s social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
Our nursery focus on topics related to seasons, multi-cultural festivals and topics of real interest and relevance to children. Possible topics could include transport, Chinese new year, mini-beasts and Diwali. Our nursery team work together to provide purposeful play that prepares children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.